Yes you heard that right, the long time PC franchise Dungeon Siege is making its way to consoles and PC according to Square Enix’s announcement today. Being a long time fan of the franchise on PC I am a little leery this may be getting the “Dragon Age” treatment. Lets just hope there is not as glaring a difference in quality and gameplay in Dungeon Seige 3 as there is in Dragon Age Origins.
“Square Enix has announced that it has asked Obsidian Entertainment to develop the next installment of the Dungeon Siege series. Dungeon Siege I and II were both developed by Supreme Commander developer, Gas Powered Games. Obsidian Entertainment most-recently developed SEGA’s Alpha Protocol.
Dungeon Siege III Features:
* For the first time, play DUNGEON SEIGE on high-def consoles
* Players will be able to adventure by themselves or with friends in co-op multiplayer
* Uncover a deep story that only Square Enix and Obsidian Entertainment can deliver
* Pick from unique and highly customizable character classes with a wide range of abilities to choose from
* Recruit companions with unique personalities, abilities and views on the world around them
* Players will have weighty decisions to make that will impact their alliances, enemies and the culmination of the story”